This Friday's sermon will be available here from 10 AM on Friday morning
The last weeks have shown us afresh that we are dependent and weak creatures. We are not the masters of our own fate and we don’t have our lives in our own hands. Our lives are filled with uncertainty and we don’t even know how the next day will turn out. If anything, the COVID-19 outbreak has taught us that we should hold our plans lightly, that we should not boast about our dream and ambitions, because they can easily be overturned in an instant.
The book of James gives us divine wisdom to navigate the uncertainties of the life. If we are to trust the Lord, who has our times in his hands, we must hold our plans with open hands. We must acknowledge “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”
Pastor Josh will preach a sermon from our series "Our Sovereign God" from James 4:13-17, entitled “Lord-Willing.”
1. Praise to the Lord [chords]
2. We Are A Moment [chords]
3. A Christian’s Daily Prayer [chords]
4. All Glory Be to Christ [chords]
- Read the Call to Worship from Psalm 31:14-15. (9:30 AM)
- Sing the first two songs in your bulletin: “Praise to the Lord” and “We Are A Moment.”
- Read the scripture reading from Isaiah 40:6-17.
- Sing: “A Christian’s Daily Prayer"
- Tune in: Click on www.rakchurch.com/stream and watch Pastor Josh’s sermon “Lord-Willing,” James 4:13-17. (10 AM)
- Sing: Respond to the sermon by singing: “All Glory Be to Christ.”
- Close in Prayer: Ask if there are any prayer requests and pray for these accordingly.